When we provide our youth a chance for a better lifestyle, everyone benefits by:
- Reduced crime in our community.
- Safer communities.
- Show kids that Police Officers can be their friend and role model.
- Provide alternatives to gangs, drugs, and “hanging out” on the streets.
- Reach out to kids with constructive activities that build discipline and self-esteem.
- Developing future responsible leaders.
- And it’s good for business!
Ventura PAL and PEAK After-School Programs
The Ventura Police Activities League supports PEAK (Program Enrichment for After-school Kids) to provide free after school programs in our community. PEAK was established in 2001 and is a partnership between Ventura PAL, the City’s
Community Services Department and the Ventura Unified School District.
The PEAK program is active on seven Ventura Unified School District campuses and serves nearly 500 children each and every day with free after-school activities and programs. Daily program components include academic assistance, a nutritional snack, enrichment activities that build character, including martial arts, junior chef, various sports, arts, climbing wall activities, and much more.
Below is a sampling of the various programs, events, and activities which PAL contributes to.
PEAK (Program Enrichment for After-school Kids)
- Serves over 500 youth each day!
- Program in it’s tenth year
- Serves 8 Ventura Title 1 Schools and Westpark Community Center
PAL Youth Flag Football
- Targets all City of Ventura youth aged 8 to 17
Martial Art Program
- 138 Youth Enrolled at 7 PEAK locations
Thanksgiving Dinner Donation
- Over 100 families were given complete Thanksgiving Dinners in 2013
- 2013 marked the tenth year of serving low income families
PAL Grant Programs
- Supports teen leadership camping trips
Computer – Cops – Kids Program
- To date this program has provided over 245 computers to families in need
- 500 Youth attended PAL Sponsored Field Trips
PAL/Westpark Sports Leagues
- 360 Youth in Soccer 190 Youth in Basketball
Westpark Boxing Program
- Serves 40 Youth Per Night